Energy Saving Tips
Here are 10 great ideas to save energy in your home:
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater.
2. Check for air leaks around doors.
3. Close the air vents in rooms you do not use on a regular basis.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Request an energy audit. Most utility companies will make recommendations or offer low-cost financing for improvements.
8. Replace deficient insulation.
9. Replace old or inefficient appliances. If your budget limits you to replacing one appliance, buy a new refrigerator, which represents about half of your electric bill.
10. Buy new light bulbs. Replace incandescent bulbs with LEDs, which pay for themselves in energy conservation.